Your key responsibilities and requirements will be:
Recruiting a Head of Repairs, Maintenance and Client Services. It’s a unique time to join the as we embark on our journey of change.
If you thrive from a challenge and keen to make a difference in the communities we serve, we want you to join our team.
The successful applicant will be educated in a building services discipline and have relevant senior management experience. In addition, they will have a track record of effective management of building services including managing contracts.
The following skills and abilities are key to the job:
- Ability to manage and develop an effective team.
- Ability to develop positive working relationship with staff colleagues and partners.
- Ability to deliver projects/schemes to tight timescales and deadlines.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations.
- Ability to develop high quality services.
The role will be responsible for the provision of a comprehensive, high quality, repair and maintenance service to all council buildings and the development of systems to continually monitor quality and procedures to ensure that the highest standards are maintained, and all statutory requirements are met.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a building services related qualification.
- Substantial experience managing a large building services organisation including managing contracts.
- Experience of managing large numbers of staff.
- Experience of technical aspects of building repair and maintenance.
- Experience in dealing with employee representatives.
- Experience of Health & Safety requirements and safe working practises relating to repair and maintenance.
- Experience managing budgets and resources ensuring that best value principles are met
If you wish to apply for this role then please respond with your CV.