An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Financial Planning to join Lewes and Eastbourne Council on a contract basis.
This is a fabulous role for an individual to join a great finance department.
- Be the technical lead for Financial Planning activities serving Lewes and Eastbourne Councils, providing strategic advice to members, directors and assistant directors, their companies, and stakeholders in accordance with the Councils’ corporate plan, company business plans, priorities and values.
- Lead the production of the medium-term financial plan, undertaking all necessary resourcing forecasts and determining required savings to achieve a balanced budget over the period.
- Develop appropriate financial models and analytics to determine financial impact of future service demands, changes in legislation and other factors on the Council’s medium-term financial envelope.
- Advising on the outcomes of the medium-term financial planning process to key stakeholders through drafting budget reports, council tax reports, the medium-term financial strategy, other ad hoc reports as required, and deputise for the Deputy Chief Finance Officer (DCFO), as may be reasonably required from time to time.
Essential Qualities Required
- Membership of appropriate professional body e.g. CIPFA, or other CCAB body.
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD).
- Educated to a degree level
- Key knowledge and intelligence of changing financial legislation and initiatives that impact on the public sector
- Local Authority knowledge and intelligence
- Strong experience in accountancy, including budgeting, monitoring, reconciliations, financial modelling and end of year reporting
- Proven ability to manage and deliver a demanding workload
- Management of finance staff
- Senior management experience at both an operational and a strategic level
- Local Authority exposure and experience
- Experience of board level participation and membership
- Successful delivery of VFM and performance improvements
- Successful delivery of a governance and a control framework in support of performance improvements
How to apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Matt Byrne Fraser on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Matt Byrne Fraser on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.