Spencer Clarke Group are working with an academy trust to help secure them a Head of finance/Finance Manager to join their successful finance team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high attaining and oversubscribed 11-16 single academy trust with a brilliant ethos.
We are seeking a well-qualified and experienced individual to lead the day to day financial operation of the school. You will be providing financial information and reports to stakeholders and ensuring compliance with Trusts financial policies and procedures and Academic Trust Handbook.
This is a lead role, managing a team of two staff and coordinating and controlling the accounting function in support of some 150 teaching and support staff.
This role involves supporting the CFO in providing strategic and financial advice to the SLT and Trustees in a timely and accurate manner.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Finance responsibilities
- Budget setting and monitoring
- Month and year-end financial reporting
- Procurement processes
- Overseeing payments - purchase invoices and payroll and monthly payroll checks
- Complete month end finance checks
- Main point of contact for audit and internal security work
To be considered for this position we are ideally looking for someone to have:
- Relevant Accounting Qualification - CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA etc
- Previous experience within a finance manager role
- Experience of working within education, public or charity sector
- Experience of using computer based accounting packages.
How to apply
If you think you've got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Matt Byrne Fraser on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T's & C's apply.