An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Of Finance to join Hackney Council on a Contract Basis. This role is to join Hackney Council’s Children and Education Directorate.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
1. To provide strategic financial leadership for the directorate.
2. To have overall responsibility for the management of the directorate finances, financial management, including financial strategies, revenue and capital budgets, the accounts, financial systems and financial information to Members and third parties.
3. To lead an innovative proactive and responsive finance function in partnership with Group Directors and Directors to ensure the Medium Term Financial Strategy is delivered alongside service priorities.
4. To lead on behalf of the Council in negotiations with third parties on matters of significant financial consequence.
5. To deputise for the Director of Finance as and when required
1. Track record of strategically managing major capital and revenue budgets while delivering high quality value for money services.
2. Evidence of managing and directing major service delivery initiatives and projects from inception to implementation within budget and within set timescales.
3. Track record of strong effective leadership, with proven ability to provide vision and direction to managers, individuals and teams and to gain ownership, commitment, trust and good morale.
4. Track record of developing and embedding high performance management culture with a clear development focus, including translating strategic plans into individual and team objectives.
5. Track record of effective strategic planning and the delivery of high quality customer focused services.
6. Track recording of applying strong analytical skills and lateral thinking to develop creative innovative service solutions.
7. Evidence of highly developed oral, written and presentational skills.
8. Detailed understanding of the uses and implementation of financial information systems and new technology.
9. A track record of delivering and managing services in a manner that promotes equality of opportunity.
10. The postholder must be aware of and comply with health and safety legislation and Council health and safety policy as relevant to their post.
11. Required to work outside of normal office hours and to attend evening meetings or committees, for which no overtime will be paid.
12. This post is politically restricted in accordance with the provisions of Section 2(g) of the Local Government and Housing Act 1989
CERTIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Qualified CCAB Accountant or equivalent
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Matt Byrne Fraser on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Matt Byrne Fraser on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.