If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Tower Hamlets to appoint a talented Head of Early Years Services on a Contract basis.
As a Head of Early Years Services you’ll play a vital role in providing effective leadership and strategic management of the Integrated Early Years Services. This leadership will support the delivery of improved outcomes for children 0-5 yrs.
The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, driven and determined to make a difference!
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Tower Hamlets, you will be tasked with:
- Taking the lead on evidencing the impact of early years interventions through the development and implementation of processes and procedures.
- Ensuring that the statutory requirements that relate to early years provision such as maintaining the sufficiency and range of adequate early years provision are met.
- Managing demand by ensuring that the Council meets its sufficiency duties by having in place high quality early years education and childcare for 2, 3 and 4 year old children and Children’s Centre provision.
- Being a systems leader and lead strategic discussions at a senior level with both internal and external partners about how all aspects of the early years offer link seamlessly to provide multi-agency, wrap-around resources for young children.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to children particularly as it relates to early years, SEND, and relevant aspects of early help
- Knowledge of leading complex Services in a large authority or similar organisation in a diverse inner-city environment
- Knowledge of commissioning and procurement in a similar large organisation.
Experience is also preferable in:
- A relevant professional qualification that confirms knowledge and understanding of the role.
- Extensive experience and expertise of working in the field of early years and early help, meeting the needs of vulnerable children, children with inclusion needs and SEND, young people and their families; and of working with multi-agency partners.
- A substantial amount of senior management experience within a multi-agency environment which provides services to a variety of disadvantaged groups.
About the company
You'll be working for Tower Hamlets, a council dedicated to the positive outcomes for its residents and services.
What’s on offer
- Salary: £400-£500 per day (negotiable based on experience)
- Overtime: options available for overtime
- Contract type: 3-5 month contract
- Hours: 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
How to apply
- Please send your CV to John at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, call 020 3039 3555
- Once your CV is received, if you are successful you will be contacted.
- Due to the extremely high number of applications, it may not be possible to contact every applicant.
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to John Shorrock on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.