An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Global Mobility and International Tax Specialist to join The Royal Holloway University of London based in Egham, Surrey on a Permanent basis.
If you are someone has a solid understanding of the practical aspects of global mobility including immigration, income tax and general compliance along with specialist taxation expertise then we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring global compliance for any multistate workers, and will be the technical expert on expatriate taxes. The post holder will also provide guidance for all new secondments, short term business travel, global fellowships, non-UK sabbaticals and short-term engagements for non UK research projects, as well as supporting the College to understand any implications of international online learning. The post holder will work to advocate and manage Global Mobility policies and procedures to provide an efficient, cost-effective and consistent service delivery to employees working outside of the UK. The post holder will be regarded as a subject matter expert, responsible for technical Global Mobility support to the College.
- To provide a high degree of professional expertise in Global Mobility to offer specialist knowledge on global mobility and international taxes
- To be accountable for all aspects of expatriate tax and social security governance and associated decision-making
- To act as the point of authority on all individual cases, and co-ordinate details of cases between Departments of Finance and HR, Heads of Schools, Heads of Department, individual staff members and External Advisors
- To ensure the College is made aware of any risks or changes in legislation impacting the expatriate population and ensure appropriate procedural changes are implemented as a result
- To perform initial research and assess the risks posed by activity in a particular country, including temporary online learning, so that any requested external advice is appropriately targeted
- To provide day to day advisory support on country specific questions, providing excellent technical support to all Departments
- To act as first point of contact for employees, and be responsible for ensuring that they are provided with a positive global mobility experience
- To identify opportunities to make global mobility more comprehensible to employees and enable improved employee engagement to support the College’s growth and strategic plan.
- To build and maintain relationships with individual assignees, and be responsible for ensuring the required level of support for tax and social security responsibilities in both home and host countries
- To collaborate effectively with HR, Payroll, Legal, Procurement, Health & Safety and external suppliers to create forward looking solutions that are globally consistent and regionally tailored where appropriate
- To provide information and support to the College’s Global Mobility group.
- To manage purchase orders and invoices for payment in respect to services received ensuring costs are matched to original agreed quotes and charges are allocated to the correct School accounts.
- To provide operational management of compensation, payroll instructions and reconciliation exercises to ensure accuracy of pay and compliance including payroll review, approvals and timely tax authority payment requests
- To manage the necessary registrations and information flows to discharge employer obligations.
- To establish processes and procedures to ensure that both UK and overseas employer obligations are continuously managed
- To ensure that procedural processes are fully documented, updated and followed in practice
- To obtain appropriate levels of sign-off as part of the risk-management process
- Support alternative employment models for mobile employees where appropriate
- To manage compliance queries relating to short term business visits
What’s on offer
- Salary: £44,283 per annum
- Hybrid working
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Training and Development opportunities
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Various schemes including Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans and help with the cost of Eyesight testing.
- Free parking
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Matt Byrne Fraser on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Matt Byrne Fraser on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.