If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Tower Hamlets Council to appoint a talented Fraud & Anti-Fraud Investigator on a Contract basis.
As a Fraud & Anti-Fraud Investigator you’ll play a vital role in discharging statutory Section 151 responsibilities and Accounts and Audit Regulations requirements placed upon the Council by undertaking complex audits, major reviews and special investigations.
The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, driven and determined to make a difference!
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Tower Hamlets you will be tasked with delivering key strategic objectives including:
- Planning and undertaking management audits
- Planning and undertaking investigations
- Production of Audit reports
- Provision of “External” Audit reports / functions
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Practical experience of planning and undertaking investigations within a Local Authority or other Government Agency including those of a complex and confidential or sensitive nature, into both internal and external fraud.
- A Relevant qualification from an organisation such as the (Professionalism in Security) qualification of ACFO (Accredited Counter Fraud Officer) or similar.
- Ability to apply judgement and sensitivity during investigations maintaining the confidentiality of cases being investigated at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant legislation
- Ability to interview staff or persons suspected of fraud or irregularity in accordance with professional standards of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE) and legal guidelines obtaining witness statements, collating evidence and preparing case files for referral to Legal Services or Police for prosecution actions in accordance with the Criminal Procedures and Investigations Act 1996 (CPIA).
About the company
You'll be working for Tower Hamlets Council a high profile local government body focussed on only the best outcomes for its residents and stakeholders.
What’s on offer
- Salary: £25-£30+ per hour
Please submit your CV with the rate you require
- Overtime: no options available
- Contract type: 3-6 month minimum, likely to extend.
- Hours: 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
How to apply
- Please send your CV
- Once your CV is received, if you are successful you will be contacted.
- Due to the extremely high number of applications, it may not be possible to contact every applicant. As such, if you are not contacted please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to John Shorrock on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.