Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority in Newham to appoint a talented Fire Risk Assessor on a contract basis.
As a Fire Risk Assessor, you’ll play a vital role in providing a specialist operational fire safety management function for all Council owned and managed housing assets delivering continuous improvement in resident safety. Supporting compliance with both statutory and non-statutory fire safety legislation and associated building regulations. Ensuring the Fire Risk Assessment (FRA) programme is delivered on time and to the required standard through the application of a quality assurance programme. Ensuring compliance with legislation through the use of performance data, risk assessments and audits of Council owned and managed housing assets
About the role:
Based in Newham you will be tasked with:
- Work closely with the Head of Fire Safety, on service developments and fire safety improvements.
- Assist the Head of Fire Safety to develop, implement and monitor fire safety policies, strategies and annual action plans.
- Monitor proposed changes to fire safety related legislation and guidance and assist the Head of Fire Safety to ensure a coordinated response at all levels.
- In conjunction with the Head of Fire Safety ensure that the content of the Council’s Fire Safety Policy, protocols and procedures are up to date and that adopted changes or new legislation and guidance are reflected in the Council’s protocols, procedures and policies.
- Develop and deliver core and specialist fire safety training programmes as required.
- Undertake Fire Risk Assessments, as required, and develop timely action plans.
- Monitor and assist property teams with the timely completion of Fire Risk Assessments and remedial fire safety actions.
- Ensure that suitable training, instruction and communication mechanisms are developed, and effectively delivered so that critical advice is relayed accordingly.
- To champion, lead and enable effective communication to engage and inform residents, employees, leadership teams and senior management team on changes in fire safety legislation.
- Show a high calibre of awareness towards the needs of the Council and residents.
- Develop and undertake audits of assets to ensure they remain compliant
- Specialist knowledge of fire safety legislation and its applications to housing.
- Knowledge of the requirements for good fire safety management and maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of Fire Risk Assessment process and guidance/best practice (PAS 79).
- Knowledge of building construction
- Knowledge of stakeholder engagement.
- A clear understanding of emerging fire safety and building safety legislation.
- Experience of report writing for different audiences.
- Knowledge of BS 9999: Code of practice for fire safety in design, management and use of buildings.
- A demonstrable understanding of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 Fire safety qualification, NEBOSH Fire Certificate, IFE Level 3 or Level 4 Certificate in Fire Safety or similar.
- Membership of a recognised professional body such as IFE, IFSM, IFPO or similar, with demonstrable evidence of Continuing Professional Development
What’s on offer
Salary: £280 to £320 per day (negotiable based on experience)
Contract type: on going
Hours: 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
Contact Chris Wilkinson on 01772 954200
Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive,
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.