My client in Greater London is looking to appoint a talented Financial Reporting Manager on a Contract basis.
The role will manage and carry out the Fixed Assets and Leases accounting process as well as to assist generally with the closing of accounts for 2023/24 for two London Local Authorities.
About the role:
Based in Greater London (Hybrid):
- Updating the Fixed Assets Register and actioning all fixed assets accounting entries and disclosures for one of the two boroughs for 2023/24.
- Processing leases details to determine the upcoming accounting impact of the introduction of IFRS16 for leases accounting from 1 April 2024 for both councils.
- Responsible for supporting the Head of Financial Reporting & Control to maintain the integrity of both Councils financial ledgers and financial reporting, and to provide strong financial control and stewardship of Council finances
- Support performance management framework as part of the programme to drive improvement to the quality of performance data from relevant council services.
You will have the following skillsets or experiences:
- CCAB (or equivalent) qualified
- Detailed knowledge & experience of closing the financial accounts for a large Local Authority, including liaison with Internal and External Auditors
- Experience of leading or contributing to the production of Local Authority statement of accounts and understanding of Local Authority taxation / VAT.
- Knowledge of financial systems and experience using Business World (Agresso) or similar packages to deliver useful management information and complete statutory external reporting requirements
What’s on offer:
- Salary: £500+* per day inside IR35.
*negotiable based on experience
*please submit your CV with the rate you require
- Overtime: no options available
- Contract type: Contract – 3-6 month minimum.
- Hours: 09:00ach -17:00 Monday to Friday
How to apply
- Once your CV is received, if you are successful you will be contacted.
- Due to the extremely high number of applications, it may not be possible to contact every applicant. As such, if you are not contacted please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
We offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to John Shorrock on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.