An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Operations Officer to join a housing manager company on a permanent basis based in Wells, Somerset.
To ensure that income is accurately and completely posted to the company’s finance and housing management systems. Resolving allocation queries and supporting the Financial Operations Team Leaders. Issuing sales ledger invoices, receiving, posting and reconciling income and posting this accurately to customer accounts, providing credit control support; issuing reminders and chasing debt as necessary.
- Processing all payments received and ensuring that these are allocated to accounts. Posting of cash and benefit, manually and by batch to the finance and housing management system. Posting of other debtor invoices and cash receipts to the finance system
- To raise and despatch debtor invoices as required in accordance with agreed procedures and to respond to requests from customers to make payments by standing order, direct debit, giro or other means.
- Reconciliation of cash and transfer postings and resolution of unposted and queried items.
- Preparation of refunds
- Posting HB and universal credit payments to customer’s accounts
- Examinations of current customer and debtor credits, and other customer credits.
- Seeking prompt recovery of unpaid accounts and other debts not dealt with by the income recovery team.
- Administration and collection of Direct Debits, including recording and correction of rejections
- Ensuring that all direct debit receipts are correctly allocated to customer accounts
- Creating/amending customer accounts as and when necessary
- Resolving rent allocation queries
- Liaison with other departments as appropriate
- Provide credit control service cover for Financial Operations Team Leader including:
Timely and effective collection of all debts and customer payments
Maintaining contact with customers to ensure invoices are clear for payment
Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
- Dealing with incoming correspondence to include but not limited to: post, emails and answering telephone calls
- Ensuring reconciliation between the bank, the housing management system and the financial ledgers can be completed
- Clearing suspense accounts
- Creation and maintenance of charges
- Creation and monitoring of garage rents and service charge
- Posting of write-offs and write-ons onto the systems
- Providing accounts information to internal departments
- Involvement in adhoc and system/service improvement projects
- To positively contribute and participate in the development and improvement of services provided by the Financial Operations Team.
- Any other reasonable requests as required by Team Leaders
Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to GCSE Standard (or equivalent), including passes in English and Maths.
- Working with computerised accounts systems and able to pick up new I.T. systems quickly.
- Experience of working in a transaction processing office environment.
- Reasonable level of IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (excel, Word and Outlook) and CRM databases
- Ability to organise and prioritise work, often under pressure.
- Have the ability to identify areas where positive change to the way we work can be made
- Good keyboard skills and attention to detail
- Good numeracy, analytical and financial skills.
- Ability to act with discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to spot, challenge and resolve anomalies.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to be flexible in approach to hours worked
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and staff in writing, face to face and over the telephone.
- Be a good team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude. Have a ‘right first time’ outlook
- Clear understanding of the importance of customer service. Able to act on own initial with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be able to prioritise workload, and make sure that routine processes happen. The ability to work to and meet regular deadlines.
- Commitment to Equality and Diversity.
- Able to identify system improvements and areas where processes can be improved
- Be aware of and promote equal opportunities
- Knowledge and experience of working in an area where data protection is imperative, and of adhering to controls to mitigate this risk
What’s on offer
- Salary: £26,595.94
- Contract type: Permanent
- Hours: 37 Hours Per Week
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Matt Byrne Fraser on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Matt Byrne Fraser on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.