If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside our client in Redditch to appoint a talented finance manager on a permanent basis.
As Finance Manager, you’ll play a vital role in managing day to day activities including reporting, monitoring of controls and compliance, data processing, and systems enhancements but perhaps the real value-add opportunity lies in the various adhoc projects associated with an aspirational business. These may pertain to acquisitions (pre acq due diligence and post acq integration), bank requests, legislative changes, systems enhancements and expansion planning etc.
About the role
Based in Redditch, you will be tasked with:
- Travelling to the London office 1 day a week, all travel paid
- Timely and accurate preparation of management accounts including profit and loss accounts/ KPI’s and metrics /collation of reports from other teams eg Credit Control, Operations etc
- Continually reviewing and enhancing existing reports structure to facilitate the most effective presentation of the company’s performance
- Liaising with Divisional Directors to ensure weekly and monthly operational reports are timely and accurate/ provide the appropriate information.
- Responding to queries from the teams & support cost centres regarding their monthly numbers and feed back responses to the relevant parties
- Preparation of annual business plan (budget) & maintenance of rolling forecast.
- Paying suppliers (internal / external / overseas) for approved services received by the business. Ensure costs are correctly coded and captured in SAGE
- Reimbursing personal expenses to staff
- Managing payroll function for temporary employees across multiple countries, ensuring integrity of data
- Ensuring payroll including commission calculations are generated and paid to the required timescale & that costs are correctly coded and captured in Sage
- Completion and submission of P11D’s to HMRC
- Submission and payment of VAT along with any returns
- Being responsible for implementation and ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures for all financial controls
- Liaising with internal / external auditors (main day to day contact) and follow up of audit recommendations
- Monitoring expenses in order to achieve maximum profitability
- Being accountable for the operation and maintenance of the company’s bank accounts (HSBC) incl. invoice financing.
- Supervising detailed and periodic cash flow forecasting to produce overall forecasted headroom against facilities
- Coordinating annual stat accounts to corresponding IFRS / UKGAAP standards.
- Liaising with tax accountants to ensure all tax filing is completed and payments made in accordance with liabilities. Participating where appropriate in tax planning and compliance issues.
- Coordinating year end audit process with incumbent auditors to ensure their requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Ongoing coaching, training and development of the finance team to build capability and a high performing culture
- Adhoc requests as directed by the Finance Director or Senior Management.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Have experience in a corporate environment
- Have strong communications skills with the ability and confidence to hold high-level discussions with key customers, suppliers and other business stakeholders
- Have exposure to corporate Finance environment including knowledge of financial instruments and their respective covenants
- Have strong level of Excel skills and a competent level of skills in Word, Powerpoint, Outlook & Teams.
What’s on offer
- Salary: £20,000-£30,000
- Benefits: Monday to Friday, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays with a extra day for each year of service, healthcare after 3 months, employer pension contribution of 5%, possible study support
- Contract type: Permanent
About the company
You'll be working for a company whose focus is to build relationships with businesses and support commercial growth by connecting them to premium, world class technology talent & GDPR solutions. They are a privately owned multi sector recruitment company. Its origins and core business comprise the provision of staffing services (both permanent roles and contractual) to IT disciplines.
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Shannon Broadbent on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.