~ Family Support Workers ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council to appoint Several Family Support Workers their Care Management, Court, Care Planning and Assessment & Duty Teams.
3 - 6 months agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Full time Hours – 37 Hours per week.
Location – West Midlands, DY1 2JZ.
Rate of Pay - £11.49+ per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
About the Role;
This role is an important key role within the Assessment and Care Management service, as a Family Support Worker you will work within a team of Social Workers working to support and safeguard our most vulnerable children, young people and their families.
- Work alongside social workers to contribute to high quality assessments to support and safeguard children and young people.
- Undertake high quality evidence based Graded Care Profile 2 assessments and PAM’s assessments
- Work alongside social workers to progress the Care in Need Plans and Child Protection Plans
- Work in partnership with families, providing advice and support to strengthen their parenting and promote the safety and welfare of children and young people living within the family, reducing the risk of abuse and neglect and the need for statutory social care intervention.
- Proactively engage and support the most vulnerable, distressed and challenging children, young people and so that we fully understand their day to day lived experience and take account of their wishes and feelings.
- Utilise a ‘Think Family’ approach to ensure that all services working with the family are coordinated and work effectively together whilst maintaining a focus upon the safety and wellbeing of the children and young people.
- Enable the development of positive parenting strategies to enable families to gain and maintain independence and control over all aspects of their lives and contribute positively within the community.
- Work with families with complex often interrelated problems including poverty, social exclusion, oppression, poor housing, mental health, substance misuse, domestic abuse, crime and antisocial behaviour.
- Contribute to the protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults in line with Dudley Safeguarding Children and Adult Board reporting procedures.
- Work as an effective supportive team member positively prioritising the needs of children and their families in need of support and intervention.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport etc.)
- Reference Contact Details covering the last two years of employment. (Names, Numbers and Email Addresses
- Professional qualification relevant to work with children and families at NVQ3 or above.
- Must have a UK Driving License.
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.