Family Support Officer - Peckham ***
We are seeking an experienced Family Support Officer to work on behalf of a local authority based in pekcham, supporting the Assessment & Intervention Service.
The vacancy is working on a full time agency contract for 3-6 months with a view to extended.
Rates of pay - £17 - £22 per hour which is negotiable depending on your experience.
Location - SE15.
Full time role - (36 hours per week)
About The Role:
- The Family Support Worker is a key role within the service and will work closely with families to build strong relationships, based on respect and positive regard while providing practical, effective and targeted family support.
- Working as part of a frontline team contributing toward holistic assessments of children, young people and their family’s needs. Helping ensure intervention plans fully reflect family and children’s views and aspirations.
- Work alongside social workers to keep families together, promoting positive change with complex families when it is safe to do so.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues in the Assessment and Intervention Service and partner agencies.
- Working alongside children, young people and their families supporting them to achieve better life chances.
- Provide practical advice as well acting as a lead coordinator for additional support services where appropriate.
- Coordinate practical and emotional support to the family particularly by providing help and support during time of crisis.
- Provide information to families about how to access local and national support services and to facilitate access to services for families where needed.
- Working within a multidisciplinary service and participating in associated meetings.
- Share knowledge around promoting change, participating in case discussions and group supervisions.
- Support work being undertaken with adolescents at risk of exploitation in order to build their resilience.
*We offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity*
To apply for this role please email email@example.com & call Dane on 01772 954 200.