Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority in Croydon to appoint a talented Estate’s & Asset Manager on a permanent basis.
As an Estate’s & Asset Manager, you’ll play a vital role in contributing to the strategic management of the council’s property portfolio to ensure that the best use and income generation/cost savings opportunities are delivered. They will participate in acquisitions, disposals, including those to third party led regeneration projects and programmes, asset and general valuation work and all tenure related matters of the Council as landlord or tenant.
About the role:
Based in Croydon you will be tasked with:
- Being responsible for developing the corporate Asset Management Plan and implementing a programme identifying and working up opportunities that meet the council’s vision and values and deliver the required outputs. A key element will be to deliver savings towards the Croydon Challenge targets through better use of the Council’s assets.
- The post will also require working with service areas and partner organisations to challenge their use of buildings and help develop property strategies to support their areas of responsibility which will often require management of competing demands.
- The Estates and Asset Managers are the Council’s key commercial property advisors ensuring that all property and asset management related issues accord with the council’s strategic vision are undertaken in a professional manner, comply with all statutory and professional guidelines, and represent best consideration for the Council, whether undertaken internally or outsourced.
- Be the lead for at least one key strategic area such as housing or Community assets. This will require them to assess and develop the current strategies and become the “expert” in these areas for the Council.
- Examine all proposed and actual activity that involves major change, disposal or acquisition of property.
- Ensure that all schemes consider the interests of the Council as a whole and that every opportunity for multi-purpose use has been fully investigated and incorporated into the final project plan.
- Carry out regular reviews of each designated Department’s use of its property asset through the process of Property Challenge and to ensure that such reviews form the basis for efficient use of property related assets.
- Ensure that all designated Departments have a long-term property strategy that links with every other Department
- In collaboration with the Head of Asset Management ensure that the Council’s Asset Management Plan and Property Strategy is annually updated, and that the Council’s 10years Corporate Property plan is updated.
- The Surveyors will also need to work with the Estates Land Terrier Officer to ensure that the Council’s property management data base and asset management system is fully populated
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to work to accommodate regular changes to priorities and the ability to cope with complex and high volumes of work
- To have a thorough and up to date knowledge of all aspects of the property industry including all appropriate property legislation including those matters that particularly apply to property within the Local Authority sector. For the Valuation Manger post to be MRICS qualified and a Registered Valuer
- The post holder should be able to work unsupervised and in a pressurised environment in order to meet many deadlines.
- The post holder should have excellent communication skills to be able to deal with both other property professionals and to be able to explain property issues to non professionals including Council members and members of the public in a non-technical manner
- The post holder should have appropriate interpersonal skills to manage a small professional team and management support team and to ensure that the team works well within the larger Finance and Assets Division and the Council as a whole.
- The post holder should have the ability to work with standard IT programmes including E Mail, Word, Excel and be able to quickly learn other specialist programmes including the Property database (Technology Forge), and Sharepoint .
- The post holder should have ability to manage elements of the Property Budget in conjunction with the Councils Finance Officers and Head of Service
- The post holder should be an experienced property professional and for the post of Estates and Valuation Manager should be MRICS qualified or equivalent and a Registered Valuer.
- The post holder should be able to demonstrate that they have experience in all areas of property work including Acquisitions and Disposals, Commercial Landlord and Tenant, Valuations, Rating, major planning issues etc.
What’s on offer
Salary: £46,839 to £48,819 per annum (negotiable based on experience)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
Working arrangements: TBC
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
Contact Chris Wilkinson on 01772 954200
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive,
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.