Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside an NHS Trust to provide them a with a ESR and Payroll Lead to join their team on a Contract Basis!
As ESR and Payroll Lead for the organisation you will be responsible for the maintenance of all Electronic Staff Record (ESR) assignment records as well as day to day management of a team.
Further primary responsibilities will be for the management of Trust work structures and the production of workforce information reports that support the Trust’s workforce development strategies.
You will also be required to work with the Trusts payroll providers to ensure that any changes are identified in relation to payroll related Employment/Tax/Pension legislation and assist in the production of revised practices and procedures to reflect the changes.
The Post holder will also act as the lead for any projects and implementations of new workforce systems/functionality where required.
- Oversee the Trust’s ESR work structures ensuring they are maintained in accordance with the organisational structure and updated promptly in response to workforce changes.
- Management responsibility for the lifecycle of ESR assignments through the Human Resources Administration, User Responsibility Profile (URP). This responsibility is vital in ensuring the Trust’s workforce is paid accurately and on time.
- Ensure that all assignment updates are made in accordance with Agenda for Change terms & conditions, Medical & Dental terms & conditions, local arrangements and Trust policies, as appropriate.
- Responsible for the development of working practices and procedures that ensure work is processed efficiently and effectively by the workforce service. This will involve the development of monitoring and checking processes that ensure all practices are audit compliant and that all data is maintained to the highest standards of quality and integrity.
- To ensure attendance at regular regional ESR meetings to discuss payroll computer system operational and development matters with colleagues in and around the region and as a result lead the development of any systems.
- To deputise in the absence of the Resourcing Manager as and when required.
- Arrange periodic audits and data validation exercises of information recorded in the ESR system to ensure data quality, integrity, completeness and accuracy and that procedures and practices are updated to reflect changes in guidelines and legislation.
- To hold overall responsibility for the allocation of ESR URPs to Trust staff in accordance with processing responsibilities, local procedures and Mckesson best practice. This will also include the maintenance of register of staff provided with ESR access.
- To lead on ESR and Payroll implementation projects as and when required.
- Knowledge of NHS Pay structures, Agenda for change and Medical & Dental
- Knowledge of HR User Responsibility Profile
- Knowledge of the ESR Recruitment User Responsibility
- Knowledge of Payroll URP
- Knowledge of writing reports using the report writing tool
- Experience in using Business Intelligence Dash Boards
- Significant understanding of complex technical guidance as issued by the Department of Health and McKesson in relation to the operation of ESR
- Expert knowledge of ESR hierarchies and set up, ESR coding structures and datasets
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Matt Byrne-Fraser @ Spencer Clarke group – firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers