Responsive working - day to day repairs on electrical installations at properties.
• Liaise with customers and other colleagues, as appropriate, to ensure all relevant individuals are aware of progress and action taken. In more complex cases to refer the matter to a senior member of staff to identify the necessary remedial action.
• Provide a high-quality service to customers and maintain a good customer relationship acting as ambassadors.
• Ensure at all times works comply with relevant Health & Safety legislation, policies and procedures in accordance with the BS7671 the performance of the duties of the post, to include appropriate use of equipment, PPE.
• Deliver electrical planned or responsive works, repair works on time within given priorities and stive for repairs to be a first-time fix.
• Cover out of hours emergency call out in accordance with the departmental rota to attend to emergencies out of hours when required.
• The ability to plan and prioritise using a handheld electronic devices effective time management and good customer care skills.
• Set out jobs from drawings and specifications to establish the requirements of the project and requisition the necessary installation materials and ensure compliance and test systems.
• Maintain the company vehicle in good condition, carry out regular vehicle safety checks reporting any defects promptly to the Fleet Manager.
• Be part of the team with interaction with other trades/teams when required ensuring that customers receive an excellent service.
• Undergo any training needed to widen your skill level when required.
• Support and assist with the training of apprentices and trainees as required.
Previously a registered apprentice or undergone some equivalent method training and have had adequate practical training in electrical installation work.
• Must have obtained Achievement Measurement 2 and a qualified Electrician with relevant experience in social housing
• Qualifications to include City & Guilds 2391, City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1 and 2 or 2351 or 2330 levels 2 and 3 or approved equivalent or NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installation Work or approved equivalent
• Not essential but desirable to have achieved or are in the process in achieving their City & Guilds 2394 or2395 in initial verification, certification, periodic inspection & testing of electrical installations or approved equivalent
• Demonstrates practical knowledge and competence working as an electrician in the current edition of BS:7671 and inspection, testing and commissioning of installations
• Full Driving licence and ability to travel in a timely and efficient manner to attend customers properties, frequently located in areas not covered by public transport, Ability to undertake physically demanding work.