Spencer Clarke Group are looking for an experienced Director of Education to take up an interim contract for a Local Authority based in East London.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced professional to provide strategic leadership to deliver the educational outcomes, school improvement, school place planning, and inclusion policy for children and young people in partnership with maintained and non-maintained schools in Newham.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Professional working at Director level to help shape and improve the Education service and leave a lasting impact which will help shape the future of children and young people.
Pay Scale – Paying from £750+ per day – Negotiable depending on experience. (Inside iR35)
Location – Remote Working for the duration of the assignment. Occasional visits to the office would be required.
Contract Length – 3-6-month contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Key Duties Include:
- Act as the Council’s professional expert adviser on a portfolio of educational services and have line management responsibility for directly delivered functions.
- Lead on the development and maintenance of high quality, effective partnerships with education providers in the borough that deliver the best possible educational outcomes for children and families.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of statutory requirements for education provision and the local authority.
- Engage with a wide range of educational professionals (including Headteachers, Principals and Governors) on issues of school improvement including pedagogy, curriculum design, leadership/management/governance of schools and colleges.
- Negotiate and agree improvement targets with learning organisations from early years settings to schools and colleges.
- Maintain up to date and comprehensive knowledge of the latest research on school provision, including relating to organisational characteristics, provision for different pupil groups and the OFSTED inspection framework.
If you are looking for a new role within a SEN team, we work across the UK and have a number of roles available from Plan Writers, Tribunal Officers to Statutory Assessment Team managers so please get in touch to find out how Spencer Clarke Group can help develop your career within Special Educational Needs.
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more, please make hit the apply button now and then contact Richard at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200.