Spencer Clarke Group are looking for a Deputy Chief Operating Officer to work within an NHS trust based in Bedford.
Contract – 6 Month Fixed Term Contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Working hours – Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Band 8d £75,914 - £87,754 per Annum – Negotiable Depending on Experience
About the role
- As a senior member the Senior Management Team, the post holder will plan, develop and implement Operation performance improvement and delivery by:
- Promoting a culture of continuous quality-improvement to ensure best practice patient care.
- Developing a ‘one service’ brand and culture for the delivery of patient facing service.
- Ensuring operations works as a single team to provide an efficient and cost-effective service.
- Providing leadership and direction to all operational staff in the NHS sectors to ensure central policy is effectively implemented and performance levels achieved.
- To ensure the NHS works effectively with individual CCGs, STPs, and clusters to influence and implement local urgent care policy.
- representing the Chief Operating Officer or their deputy when required; being the 'public face' of the NHS and enhancing the reputation and profile of the Service;
- making the most effective decisions on behalf of the NHS that affect patient care, the public, staff and the Service using well-informed judgement in collaboration with a range of stakeholders;
- designing strategies based on detailed knowledge, data gathering and analysis and in collaboration with key stakeholders;
- reviewing and monitoring strategies and plans to keep delivery on track reducing the need for short term actions;
- Challenging current strategies and plans; proactively identifying and implementing improvements at a Trust and Departmental level.
- To work with other Deputy Chief Operating Officers and other directorates to ensure effective Sector resilience plans
NARU occupational standards Strategic Commander accreditation (MAGIC)
Master's Degree, equivalent professional qualifications and/or substantial demonstrable experience in a similar role or setting
Full, driving licence, valid in the UK and with no more than 3 penalty points
- We offer a £250 referral bonus – so please pass on any details to someone who you think may be interested!
- We supply to hundreds of councils across the UK!
- Nationwide Supplier to the NHS!
If you are interested in the role, please contact Adam @ Spencer Clarke Group – 01772 954200 / email@example.com