An exciting opportunity has arisen for an interim Deputy Chief Finance Officer to join Lewes and Eastbourne Councils on a contract basis.
As Deputy Chief Finance Officer you will Provide a responsive and proactive finance support function advising service Heads, Corporate Management Team and Members of the Councils, managing the management and financial requirements of both councils.
- 1. Strategic oversight of the production of the medium-term financial plan, undertaking all necessary resourcing forecasts and determining required savings to achieve a balanced budget over the period
- 2. Develop appropriate financial models and analytics to determine financial impact of future service demands, changes in legislation and other factors on the Council’s medium term financial envelope.
- 3. Reporting and advising on the outcomes of the medium term financial planning process to key stakeholders through drafting budget reports, council tax reports, the medium term financial strategy, and other ad hoc reports as required.
- 4. Providing leadership and guidance on the medium term financial implications of policy framework changes relating to the Council’s corporate functions, identifying options to mitigate their effect
- 5. To support the Councils’ commercial agendas, strengthening of the skill base within the Finance function and modernisation of finance processes (both people and system-based across the organisation).
- 6. To lead on major systems projects, aspects of financial planning and budget processing and business process re-engineering.
To be considered for this position we are looking for individuals who are:
- Membership of appropriate professional body e.g. CIPFA, or other CCAB body.
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD).
- Educated to a degree level
- Key knowledge and intelligence of changing financial legislation and initiatives that impact on the public sector
- Local Authority knowledge and intelligence
- Ability to translate strategic concepts into achievable priorities and objectives, and to interpret all financial policies to provide a service to all
- Ability to work with complex financial information
- Flexibility within approved financial standards
- Ability to manage and motivate a team to deliver results using coaching and performance management tools, within the constraints of day-to-day function management
- Decision making and problem solving
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and produce high quality work under pressure
- Report writing, presentation and influencing skills
- Strong numerical and verbal reasoning skills
- Able to communicate effectively and with discretion on difficult/challenging situations whether in the media, with members of the public, with councillors or with colleagues
- Fully competent in financial manipulation and presentation of data using appropriate software
- Demonstrable drive and commitment
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Matt Byrne Fraser on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Matt Byrne Fraser on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.