~ Data Platform Engineer ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with University of Central Lancashire to appoint a Data Platform Engineer.
4 - 6 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Location – Preston Campus.
Full time position.
Rate of Pay - £650+ per day. Negotiable following a successful interview. (confirm your required rate upon application)
About the Role;
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management, administration, maintenance, monitoring and modernisation of the University’s data platforms, systems and integrations; applying agile development practices and working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary product team focused on continuous improvement.
- To drive, inform and implement technological solutions taking ideas and/or designs to development into production, working in close collaboration with wider IT team and key business stakeholders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, evaluate and translate business requirements to support the development, implementation, updating and testing of datasets, reports, integrations and lead on the development and implementation of the technology roadmap.
- Lead on the development and implementation of plans for data warehouse modernisation, through the identification, evaluation and translation of business data and reporting requirements. This will include a wider choice of data sources, security model(s), greater and more intuitive end-user options for visualisation and reporting, and capabilities for machine learning and analytics.
- Provide system administration for the University’s data platforms and integrations, managing security permissions and role-based access.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across relevant University teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues with data platforms and integrations.
- Support the definition and development of data architecture roadmaps adhering to architecture standards, policies and governance approaches and processes.
- Design and produce the ETL/ELT architecture and ingestion patterns.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Define and document change requirements, functional specifications, user stories and product backlog items.
- Maintain and expand own knowledge and skills in relevant business and technology areas through personal and professional development.
- Perform and support user acceptance testing.
- You must have strong user experience design skills, rooted in a solid understanding of web standards, accessibility, and best practice from organisations such as GDS.
- It is essential that you have had day-to-day exposure to development tools such as Azure DevOps, Visual Studio Code, Terraform, GitHub or Jira as well as debugging and testing tools such as Cypress, all within the context of an agile development process.
- Eligibility To Work In The UK (Passport)
- Reference Contact Details covering the last three years of employment (name, numbers and email address)
SCG REFERRAL SCHEME.
SCG offer a market leading referral scheme so if you are not interested, but no of somehow who may, please feel free to pass on their details.
Due to the high volume of applications, if you do not receive a response within 48 hours, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.