Searching for a fulfilling career in Credit Control & Debt Management?
Look no further! Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside an award-winning Chartered Accountants and Tax Advisors in Leatherhead to appoint a talented Credit Controller on a full time permanent basis.
As Credit Controller, you’ll play a vital role in managing the debts of the firm; maximising debt collection and minimising the aged debt.
The ideal candidate will have extensive credit control experience and a strong interest in debt management
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Leatherhead, you will be tasked with:
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts of Firm debtors
- Monitoring outstanding client balances; making informed decisions with the Partners of appropriate further action
- Contacting clients using a multitude of effective and efficient methods
- Building internal relationships with contacts of the client to ensure relevant information is gathered and analysed for efficient payment of invoices
- Ensuring timely payment of debts
- Responding to relevant client enquiries and resolving queries
- Reconciliation of debtor positions
- Preparation of statements and client status reports for relevant stakeholders of the Firm
- Enhance and implement the credit control module processes via our practice management system, Practice Engine
- Providing ad-hoc and administrative support to the Finance team
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Extensive credit control experience and a strong interest in debt management
- Ability to work as part of the Finance team whilst building and maintaining internal and external working relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Awareness of deadlines and ability to prioritise and be flexible if priorities change
- IT literate – able to use Excel/Word and ability to learn the use of Practice Engine
- Experience of working in a professional services environment
- A diplomatic and tactful manner
What’s on offer
- Salary: Dependant on Experience
- Contract type: Full time permanent
- Holiday: 22 days, increasing with service to 25 days
- Holiday Purchase: up to 5 additional days
- Pension: minimum 3% employee contribution, minimum 6% employer contribution
- Enhanced Sick Pay Scheme increasing with service
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Reimbursed Professional Subscriptions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Retirement Benefits
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Bereavement Pay Scheme
- Pre-retirement Independent Financial Review
- Long Service Awards Scheme
- Free to use onsite Gym at the Leatherhead Office
- Fresh Fruit Deliveries
- Dress Down Fridays
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Annual Flu Jab Programme
- Royal Albert Hall Free Tickets
- Discounted gym membership at some London gyms
Hours: Hybrid (2 days at home, 3 days in the office) with flexible working (core hours 10-4).
About the company
You'll be working with the UK's largest combined firm of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Tax Advisers, headquartered in the City of London, specialising in the provision of taxation advisory, taxation compliance, accountancy, assurance and other services to individuals, families, entrepreneurs, and businesses. The Firm has been serving clients from London since 1933.
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chelsea Waddell on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chelsea Waddell on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.