If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Islington Council to appoint a talented Commissioning Manager for Adult Social Care on a Contract basis.
As a Commissioning Manager you’ll play a vital role in commissioning services in relation to Older Adults, Domiciliary Care & Dementia, Disabilities, Support Housing and Mental Health.
The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, driven and determined to make a difference!
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Islington you will be tasked with delivering key strategic objectives including:
- Working closely with Procurement, Commissioning Officers, Contract Officers and service users and carers in the commissioning, procurement and monitoring of services.
- Devising specifications for commissioned services ensuring that they meet the needs of the borough and the population.
- Ensuring that where commissioned services are seen to be failing, timely interventions are made to avert adverse consequences through effective contract monitoring.
- Being an active member of the Commissioning Team and to support the section leadership in the management of the service.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Understanding and experience of strategic planning, the commissioning process, contracting and performance monitoring working within a changing and complex environment and demonstrable ability to work across a range of care groups.
- Experience of joint collaborative working with professionals from a range of agencies, including co-ordinating inputs from a range of professional sources to secure strategic priorities.
- Knowledge of developments impacting on the functions of local authorities related to adults' health and well-being, and understanding of health and care at a borough level including; organisational context of and the interrelationships between agencies.
About the company
You'll be working for Islington Council a high profile local government body focussed on only the best outcomes for its residents and stakeholders.
What’s on offer
- Salary: £500-£600+ per day, Inside IR35
Please submit your CV with the rate you require
- Overtime: no options available
- Contract type: 3-6 month minimum, likely to extend.
- Hours: 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
How to apply
- Please send your CV
- Once your CV is received, if you are successful you will be contacted.
- Due to the extremely high number of applications, it may not be possible to contact every applicant. As such, if you are not contacted please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to John Shorrock on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.