Commissioning & Procurement Officer (ICT) – Kingston Council
Spencer Clarke Group are working to recruit a Commissioning & Procurement Officer (ICT) for Kingston Council
The role reports directly to the Commissioning and Procurement Manager for Corporate and Communities and is responsible for supporting the Council in undertaking outcomes focussed, lawful and, commercially sound, commissioning projects to deliver quality and value for money services. To contribute to the effective running of the Council’s corporate Commissioning function.
This is a very exciting opportunity for someone who wants to join a new team leading on major change and implementing a strong ethical procurement practice across our supply chain. You will be working closely with ICT operations and commercial team and other clients to deliver various ICT projects across the council. We are in the process of delivering a number of major projects including transition to Cloud, Traffic Management system, CCTV and security, Contact centre platform solution and Revs and Bens IT solutions. You will be able to work collaboratively with teams across the council to deliver the best possible outcome for the council.
You will be providing professional commissioning and procurement support to commissioning leads across the Council and manage projects on the e-tendering portal and prepare tender documentation as well as carry out research, benchmarking and market analysis
● Develop tender documentation and manage the tendering process in accordance with Public contracting regulations
● Providing procurement advice and support to the clients
● Maintaining the Council’s commissioning and procurement guidance materials and templates.
● To work independently and confidently when leading procurement exercises.
● Ensure the best commercial and required outcomes for the business in addition to a compliant process and result.
● Identify opportunities to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and economy through procurement activity such as developing the use of frameworks and other related procurement route option
● Continuously look at how the Commissioning function can be improved including actively seeking and responding to customer feedback
You will need:
• Understanding of ICT and its development path
• Expertise in stakeholder engagement
• Understanding of key Category Management tools, processes and approaches
• Demonstrable experience within Public Contracting Regulations
• CIPS accreditation or a willingness to train.
We are also looking for someone who has an understanding of Public contract publication and experience of using an e-tendering portal or completing call offs under the nationally established and recognised frameworks.
Can you please confirm you are happy for Spencer Clarke Group to be the sole agency to represent you for this role?
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY PLEASE RESPOND FIRSTLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV, AVAILABILITY/ NOTICE PERIOD, THE ROLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR & THE HOURLY RATE YOU REQUIRE. We do not hold CV’s on file without first speaking with you.
On receipt of your CV and contact details I will get in touch to discuss how to progress the application.
SCG REFERRAL SCHEME*
SCG offer a market leading referral scheme so if you know of someone who may be looking for work. Please feel free to pass on my details.
Any worker referred by yourself who is not registered and we place into a role, we can offer a referral fee of £250 to you!
Due to the high volume of applications, we are currently receiving, should you not receive a response within 48hrs please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.