Spencer Clarke Group are currently working with a Local Authority to recruit a Commercial Finance Business Partner to join their team on an interim contract basis!
You will provide high quality financial 'business partnering' support and analysis to the business. This will include the ability to inform and influence business decisions that drives the organisation forward in a fast-paced environment. You will be experienced in forging collaborative working relationships, both internal and external and be able to demonstrate strong analysis and interpretation skills
- Keep up to date with national and local issues and new/changing legislation
- Interpreting the impact to the organisation and business plans of these changes/issues, providing financial advice, options and recommendations
- Be responsible for ensuring all statutory and non-statutory returns, including grant claims, contain accurate financial information and are completed on time and to standard
- Grants are maximised and exit strategies are in place
- Ensure that the forecasted financial position is an accurate and true reflection of the business position
- Provide accurate and timely professional support; advice and robust challenge to programmes, projects, business cases and decisions, ensuring processes and procedures are in place to provide robust monitoring of the outcomes
- Ensuring value for money is maximised
- Attendance at relevant boards and working groups
- Ensure that the professional advice given enables the Leadership of the organisation to make clear, informed policy and funding decisions through the appropriate constitutional process
- Support mangers in the development, achievement and updating of business plans to ensure the robustness of the MTFP is maintained
- Deputise for the Strategic Finance Business Partner when required
- Support the S151 officer in achieving their duties and liaise with Internal Audit on areas of risk
- Ensure corporate timelines, standards and processes are applied to in the budget and closedown process
- To manage colleagues in line with corporate competency framework and undertake recruitment, training, development and performance management of staff, tackling any issues that may arise
- To liaise with other external organisations with regard to data collection, financial analysis and benchmarking
And much more!
If you are available and interested in this position please apply ASAP! or send your CV direct to Lauren @ Spencer Clarke Group email@example.com
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers