Band 8b Clinical Psychologist
Salary Range: £33-£40 per hour
Contract Type: 3 month contract with view to extend
The successful candidate will hold a relevant clinical qualification and be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). As a Band 8b Clinical Psychologist, you will play a pivotal role in providing evidence-based clinical practice and NICE-compliant psychological interventions.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in managing high levels of risk, mental health difficulties, and behaviour of concern for individuals with learning disabilities and/or autism.
- Awareness of NHS Long-term Plan, National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare (NFS), and clinical governance priorities.
- Familiarity with child and adult safeguarding processes and a commitment to providing and using reflective practice and clinical supervision for high-quality interventions.
- Implementation of the mainstreaming agenda for individuals with learning disabilities and/or autism.
- Leadership in the psychological perspective within the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) in the Acute Response Team (ARD) and inpatient settings.
- Maintain high standards of record-keeping skills.
- Relevant clinical qualification and HCPC registration.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in evidence-based clinical practice and NICE-compliant interventions.
- Proven ability to manage risk, mental health difficulties, and behaviour of concern for individuals with learning disabilities and/or autism.
- Understanding of NHS Long-term Plan, NFS, and clinical governance priorities.
- Competence in providing and utilizing reflective practice and clinical supervision.
- Experience in implementing the mainstreaming agenda for individuals with learning disabilities and/or autism.
- Leadership skills within an MDT, particularly in ARD and inpatient settings.
- Lead the development of the Immediate Support Team (IST) for adults with learning disabilities and/or autism presenting in crisis.
- Take a lead role in the line management and supervision of Band 8a Clinical/Counselling Psychologist, Behaviour Specialist, and junior psychological practitioners.
- Provide specialist consultation and clinical input to individuals and families at risk of admission or placement breakdown.
- Lead the provision of positive behaviour support approaches, psychological support, and systemic working with families, carers, and support networks.
- Collaborate closely with community learning disabilities teams and inpatient services to implement the mainstreaming agenda.
As a leading specialist recruitment consultant, we take pride in our deep expertise in connecting exceptional professionals in the fields of Psychiatry, Educational Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Occupational Therapy, and Speech and Language Therapy with life-changing career opportunities. Our track record speaks for itself, as we've successfully brought together countless talented individuals and rewarding positions in the world of psychology and therapy. Reach out to Natalie today to discover how she can assist you. firstname.lastname@example.org / 01772954200