~ Childrens Personal Advisers ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Southampton City Council to appoint Several Personal Advisers within their Childrens Social Care Service.
3 - 6 months agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Full time Hours – 37 Hours per week.
Location – Southampton, SO14 7LY. (Mix of Office and Home Working)
Rate of Pay - £15+ per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
About the Role;
- Case holding responsibility for some young people and joint working others.
- To be centrally involved in the assessment of need and Pathway Planning for Eligible, Relevant and Former relevant young people.
- To support young people in successfully leaving the care of the Local Authority, promoting independence and maximising life opportunities.
- To co-ordinate the Pathway Plan continually reassessing young people’s needs in order to provide advice, guidance and practical support.
- To work in partnership with the young person’s social worker and with other agencies in order to meet young people’s needs.
- Be the designated Personal Adviser for a specified group of young people.
- To work in partnership with the young person’s Social Worker and key partners to produce the Pathway Plan, implement and review it, based on the needs assessment.
- To work with a caseload of young people to ensure that they are assisted in seeking and sustaining suitable opportunities in education, training and employment with practical assistance and emotional support.
- Respond appropriately to young people in times of crisis.
- Offer support, advice and practical assistance to young people living independently. Working effectively in partnership with other workers of this Directorate, other agencies, young people, their families, carers and accommodation providers.
- Represent the team within the directorate and in contacts with other agencies.
- Maintain paper and electronic records, documents, correspondence and forms in accordance with Council regulations. Working transparently where possible and appropriately, recording openly with the young person
- Contribute to the effective functioning and continuing development of the Team.
- Contribute to the development of services for young people, linking in with the young people in Care Council.
Essential Experience and Skills;
- Experience of work with young people between the ages of 16 and 25 and their families.
- Experience of work with you people living away from home.
- Understanding interventions for supporting young people to develop their financial capability.
- Knowledge of local services providing careers information, advice and guidance and support in employment.
- Knowledge of the welfare benefits system and respective agency functions and sources of financial support for young people.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport etc.)
- Reference Contact Details covering the last two years of employment. (Names, Numbers and Email Addresses
- Professional qualification relevant to work with children and families at NVQ3 or above.
- Must have a UK Driving License.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.