~ Children’s Care Brokers ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Stoke on Trent City Council to appoint Several Care Brokers within their Children’s’ Brokerage Team.
6 months agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Full time Hours – 37 Hours per week.
Location – Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire , ST4 1RN.
Rate of Pay - £14.95+ per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
To provide an effective and efficient personalised commissioning (care brokerage) service for all users of the service (children looked after and vulnerable or elderly adults) in the sourcing and securing placements and care packages.
Care brokers will be managed in small teams with a focus on either children or adults, although there is an expectation that postholders will be knowledgeable and flexible to work across both cohorts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Gather information from operational teams (children’s and adults) in respect of the needs of children / adults who require a placement / care package.
- Speak to social care staff, residents and families, as necessary, to understand fully care needs to be sourced and to help the professional or individual to articulate the need in terms that can be used to source an appropriate care package/placement.
- Appropriately maximise use of in-house provisions then to utilise frameworks, where these are available, to source placements and care packages from.
- Query the proposed care provision where the Care Broker believes there is an alternative source of care that can meet the individual’s assessed needs.
- Thoroughly understand the local and national care market and options available to ensure sourcing of care has a focus on best value for money and the use of the public pound.
- Negotiate and challenge providers to achieve the best priced placement should the placement need to be made off framework that can meet the child/adult’s assessed needs escalating to the Senior Care Broker should the provider not wish to negotiate.
- Understand the types of care provision that is available to meet the needs of individuals within Stoke-on-Trent and further afield ensuring, where this is possible and appropriate, that the individual is placed as close to their home, family and friendship group as possible.
- Provide support and information to operational teams on possible alternative sources of care/service in line with council vision and priorities.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport etc.)
- Reference Contact Details covering the last two years of employment. (Names, Numbers and Email Addresses)
- Level 3 NVQ or Level 3 Diploma in Caring for Children and Young People or Adults.
SCG REFERRAL SCHEME.
SCG offer a market leading referral scheme so if you are not interested, but no of somehow who may, please feel free to pass on their details.
Due to the high volume of applications, if you do not receive a response within 48 hours, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.