As a Certification Scientist, your main purpose is to plan, co-ordinate and conduct assessments of construction products and systems. You will be managing multiple projects where you will be expected to prepare contract offers and estimates for the assessment of various types of construction products and systems, including coatings, waterproofing materials and roofing. The job holder will be required to research and investigate aspects of construction product performance, work as part of a team contributing to team and individual targets and objectives and regularly converse with clients ensuring you maintain good quality and standards at all times.
The ideal candidate will be hands on with sound technical knowledge.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Based in Watford or Liverpool, you will be tasked with:
- Prepare contract offers for assessments, ensuring that they are proportionate and realistic for the work to be done and that they are delivered within agreed timescales.
- Plan allocated assessments and produce, maintain and update detailed work programmes.
- Draft Certificates and Reports, seek and take due regard of comments thereon and arrange production of documents for publication.
- Research and investigate aspects of construction product performance as required.
- Assess the fitness for purpose of construction products within contract periods and price estimates
- Co-ordinate all work and activities involved in assessments, including sub-contracting work, e.g. Testing and inspection of production.
- Ensure that satisfactory information and data is available for the timely progress and completion of assessments.
- Carry out Certificate maintenance tasks, such as assessment of factory surveillance reports, as required.
- Monitor progress on allocated work and adjust priorities as required and seek information and clarification from others as required, e.g. Test, the potential client, technical experts, etc.
The ideal Certification Scientist for this position will possess:
- Good knowledge of construction products, ideally coatings, waterproofing and roofing Building Regulations and relevant standards.
- Construction industry in general.
- Site experience.
- Understanding of product specification standards, technical standards, code of practice, National Housing and Building council (NHBC) requirement and UK regulations.
With a 50-year legacy as a trusted certification body, our client develops long-term partnerships with clients, assisting in the innovation and development of products and services, enabling continued commercial growth in both the UK and Global marketplaces, while remaining reassuringly impartial.
Benefits you will receive
- Contributory Pension Scheme of 6%
- Life assurance
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 25 days and increasing to 30 after five years of service
- Health care cash plan scheme
- An Employee Assistance Programme – with up to 6 counselling sessions
- Flexible working hours to fit in with individual lifestyles
- Opportunity to work from home (Most roles eligible to apply for the Hybrid Homeworking Scheme for up to 3 days a week following completion of induction)
- Our Watford site has access to a range of sporting facilities, including a football pitch, tennis courts and a small gym, and many out of hours social activities. We have a social committee who organise various social events for staff such as our popular summer barbecue and games, a Christmas dinner and dance, sports events and quiz nights
It takes a special type of person to be a great Estimator but if you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Thomas Humphreys at Spencer Clarke Group