Spencer Clarke Group are working to recruit a Category / Commercial Manager for Westminster Council
Rate – (negotiable upon experience) - please submit your cv with the rate you require
Working as part of the Council’s Procurement Service you will lead the delivery of high value/more complex or innovative tenders often above existing EU thresholds.
This is one of several posts in the Procurement Service that work flexibly to support the commercial needs of the Council. You will demonstrate a high degree of commercial awareness and technical expertise across a wide range of different services or works.
You will need to build good working relationships with stakeholders at all levels, including commissioners, senior managers, budget holders and other specialists who are involved all stages of the tender process through to contract award.
You will be committed to your own professional development and promote good practice within the team and more widely across the business.
• Lead high value/high risk tenders through all stages of the process from initiation (Gate 0) to contract mobilisation (Gate 4).
• Provide commissioner or the budget holder with pragmatic and informed advice throughout;
• Use your sector knowledge and expertise and desktop research to ensure you understand the product or service you are involved with;
• Work collaboratively with legal and other subject matter experts to develop the form of contract, special terms and conditions, KPI’s;
• Prepare a procurement strategy that describes your procurement findings and recommended approach;
• Secure efficiency and other operational improvements from your work;
• Understand how sustainability and social value will be secured through the tender process.
Can you please confirm you are happy for Spencer Clarke Group to be the sole agency to represent you for this role?
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY PLEASE RESPOND FIRSTLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV, AVAILABILITY/ NOTICE PERIOD, THE ROLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR & THE HOURLY RATE YOU REQUIRE. We do not hold CV’s on file without first speaking with you.
On receipt of your CV and contact details I will get in touch to discuss how to progress the application.
SCG REFERRAL SCHEME*
SCG offer a market leading referral scheme so if you know of someone who may be looking for work. Please feel free to pass on my details.
Any worker referred by yourself who is not registered and we place into a role, we can offer a referral fee of £250 to you!
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact John Shorrock @ Spencer Clarke group – firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers