All areas of the North East
Your key responsibilities and requirements will be:
Time served Joiners required to work on Project buildings as well as undertaking other general joinery duties. Full UK driving license Experience in repairs and maintenance / void property repairs
The service currently deliver responsive repairs, maintenance and planned works to 19,000 council houses in the North East part of the city as well as to other council assets across 800 sites including schools, the Civic Estate, offices, sports and leisure centres and children’s homes across the authority.
The service is committed to investing in our people and continuing to ensure we have a highly trained and dedicated workforce who strive to deliver a high quality service.
We are now seeking a self-motivated, versatile, delivery focused Single Trade Operative – Joiner to work primarily within the Housing section. This is a great opportunity to move into a vibrant and forward thinking environment supporting the delivery of a diverse range of construction services.
This role will appeal to you if you have a genuine interest in the delivery of public services and a commitment to continuous improvement and delivery of a high quality service.
Examples of the type of work involved includes amongst other duties :
- Hang new doors to casings and fit all ironmongery and glazing
- Maintain and repair doors and windows
- Repair / renew kitchen units and worktops including pipework to sink unit
- Plaster patch and tile
- bath frames and panels
- skirting board and architrave
- all types of guttering / fascia / soffits
- Repair / renew garden fencing and gates
- Repair / renew treads and kite winders
- floor boarding and joists
- Make good to brickwork
- Work in conjunction with allied trades on multi trade sites
- Apply council values and abide by all relevant policies and procedures in particular those relating to equality, safeguarding and health and safety
Must have a minimum of CSCS card and full driving license (own transport).
If you wish to apply for this role then please respond with your CV.