Spencer Clarke Group are looking for experienced workers within the Adult Social Care sector to take up an interim contract as Care Brokerage Advisors for Stoke on Trent Council.
As a Care Brokerage Advisor you will provide an effective and efficient personalised commissioning (care brokerage) service for all users of the service (children looked after and vulnerable or elderly adults) in the sourcing and securing placements and care packages.
Pay Scale – Starting from £14 - £18 – Negotiable depending on experience.
Location – Civic Centre, ST4 1RN
Contract Length – 3 month rolling contract highly likely to be until March 2022 with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
- Gather information from operational teams (children’s and adults) in respect of the needs of children / adults who require a placement / care package
- Speak to social care staff, residents and families, as necessary, to understand fully care needs to be sourced and to help the professional or individual to articulate the need in terms that can be used to source an appropriate care package/placement
- Appropriately maximise use of in-house provisions then to utilise frameworks, where these are available, to source placements and care packages from.
- Query the proposed care provision where the Care Broker believes there is an alternative source of care that can meet the individual’s assessed needs.
- Thoroughly understand the local and national care market and options available to ensure sourcing of care has a focus on best value for money and the use of the public pound.
- To negotiate and challenge providers to achieve the best priced placement should the placement need to be made off framework that can meet the child/adult’s assessed needs escalating to the Senior Care Broker should the provider not wish to negotiate
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more, please make hit the apply button now and then contact Richard at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200.