Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority based in Kingston to appoint a talented Buildings & Compliance Manager on a contract basis.
As a Buildings & Compliance Manager, you’ll provide a customer-focused role to ensure a good quality, safe, compliant estate of council premises and allow the service delivery teams to function efficiently. They will provide the Council with technical expertise about its statutory and other responsibilities in respect to its use and occupation of property assets, ensuring that the Council is aware of what it must do to ensure its buildings are safe for use at all times. They will provide leadership in the field of compliance, engaging with a number of diverse specialist and professional teams – planned maintenance, building support services, FM, building operations and cyclical maintenance. They will lead and manage the compliance function in alignment with Kingston’s FM strategy and Corporate Landlord model, and work closely with the service’s Health & Safety colleagues.
About the role:
- Develop and deliver an effective compliance strategy that delivers safety, quality and value for money, and support the optimisation of approved budgets for compliance and ensure timescales are met for rectification of any non-compliances
- Support the culture of health and safety and act as an expert to support the hard and soft services teams in the safe delivery and management of premises, assisting in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests
- Provide an accurate reporting regime for all aspects of compliance across the FM function, reporting to the Corporate Head of Operations and across the Council on current risk and compliance performance of assets and highlight areas of concern
- Ensure that current risk and compliance performance is managed effectively, and any areas of concern are escalated and addressed in a timely and appropriate manner, managing and prioritising the compliance budget and programme of work
- Liaise with and give advice and guidance on the preparation of compliance plans in conjunction with colleagues and the wider Health & Safety function, coordinating and managing delivery of compliance activities across the Council
- Responsible for the Council’s compliance records and reporting, including management and development of relevant data records and supporting and developing compliance systems. Develop compliance reports with KPI’s and maintain statistics and records on performance against targets
- Collaborate with other departments, occupiers and stakeholders to create a culture of compliance and quality assured services, and robust and effective compliance and quality assurance controls
- Represent the Council and advise on compliance on behalf of the Council as appropriate at Programme and Project Boards, Scrutiny committee and with external agencies
- Oversee health and safety regime and ensure risk assessments are carried out. Review those delivered by others including suppliers to understand the level, significance and scope of risk. Monitor delivery of risk assessment action plans.
- Monitor compliance with legislation, regulations and internal policies ensuring findings are recorded and flagged and non-compliance escalated so that issues can be rectified.
- Develop and embed quality assurance practices across the FM function, and review and challenge compliance across FM services to drive up quality assurance standards and develop action plans to improve performance non-compliant issues, and specify, order and approve expenditure against compliance-related works
- Provide training and awareness to employees on not only statutory workplace regulations and their application but also the impact to the organisation if these are not complied with
- Provide audits and advice in respect to building compliance as required
- Demonstrate extensive specialist knowledge and proven experience in compliance, including hard and soft FM
- Possess some knowledge of the broader corporate landlord agenda and national/regional/local priorities around estate management, sustainability and asset utilisation
- Have strong knowledge of property legislation and its strategic application, as well as some project management experience
- Have knowledge of business cases and ability to input into and contribute to FM initiatives from a compliance perspective
- Have strong leadership skills, modelling a performance culture and constructively building achievement, confidence and skills in others
- Question and challenge conventional thinking, with a continual eye on the bigger picture in terms of the corporate context and external environment
- Role model agility and adaptability in mindset and ways of working
- Work successfully with key stakeholders including Members, residents, businesses, communities, partner organisations and other public service
- Demonstrate commitment to own personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the role
- Demonstrate a high level of innovation and creativity
What’s on offer:
- On going contract
- Monday to Friday
- Hybrid working model
- £300 to £350 per day (negotiable DOE)
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chris Wilkinson on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career
advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive;
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.