If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a Local Authority in Somerset to appoint a talented Building Surveyor on a 5-month Contract.
The Council owns a substantial number of commercial investment properties, mainly retail and office space in the centre of Bath, which make an important contribution to the council’s revenue income stream and the local economy, as well as creating employment and enhancing the vitality of the city. A significant capital and revenue programme has been agreed to refurbishment and enhance these properties to help attract new tenants and to tackle a backlog of planned maintenance works.
About the role
Based in Somerset, you will be tasked with:
- Scoping works and engaging framework contractors to undertake and complete void property projects to bring the properties to market and facilitate new lettings, in order to generate income ASAP.
- Managing a number of planned maintenance projects from initial survey, to scoping, through to tender, appointment (including fulfilling all s20 obligations) through to delivery and final account.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Carry out property surveys and prepare schedules, reports, drawings
- Carry out surveys for property condition and identify defects and hazards.
- Negotiate settlement of final accounts with contractors to secure optimum value for money for the council.
- Have an understanding and knowledge of CDM / Health and Safety legislation and regulations
- Have the ability to communicate both written and verbally with building professionals, building managers, users and contractors
- Have an understanding of NEC form of contact
- Have experience working on Conservation Projects and Listed Buildings
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Chartered Valuation Surveyor), or equivalent (desirable)
What’s on offer
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary: £18-£25 p/h (This may be negotiable)
- Contracted Hours: 37 Hours p/w
- Benefits: WFH, with site visits required around the district 1-2 times per week
- Contract type: Contract
How to apply
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Joe O’Halloran on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an initial Zoom interview on the
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Construction, Technical & Engineering and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals