An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Bookkeeping Manager to join an independent chartered accountants based in Surrey on a permanent basis.
Our client is looking for someone to join and manage their team of bookkeepers.
If you are an enthusiastic and motivated professional who copes well under pressure to effectively manage a team within deadlines. Along with having a track record in being responsible for all aspects of Bookkeeping and VAT across a wide range of clients then we would love to hear from you.
Key tasks for the role will include, although not limited to:
- Managing a small team of bookkeeping staff
- Manage and liaise with an outsourced bookkeeping team overseas
- Bookkeeping and submission of VAT returns mainly through QuickBooks but Xerox and Sage cloud software will also be used
- Reviewing the work of other staff members and mentoring them as they develop
- Resolving bookkeeping queries
- Reviewing client bookkeeping/VAT returns
- Client bookkeeping/VAT return queries by telephone and email
- Setting up clients of QuickBooks from manual systems and other software
- Reconciling and sorting processes following integrations to QuickBooks
- Vat legislation queries
- VAT registration and de-registrations
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 4 years’ bookkeeping experience within a practice environment including a minimum 2 years’ experience of managing a bookkeeping team
- Excellent experience with different VAT schemes
- Good understanding of management figures and how to produce meaningful data for clients
- Proven experience in managing an internal team
- Experience of managing overseas outsourced bookkeepers
- Good experience of CIS schemes
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills with both clients and staff members
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrable logical and common-sense approach
- Be forward thinking and demonstrate initiative
This is an opportunity to work in an established firm and play a crucial part in its continued growth together offering the following:
- Salary according to experience.
- Hybrid working of up to 50% per week working from home available.
- Hours of Work: Mon – Thurs 8.30am – 5.45pm Fri 8.30am – 1.00pm
Currently trialling a 4-day week Mon to Thurs 8:00am to 6:00pm
- 6 weeks leave including bank holidays and Christmas shutdown (2 further days after 1 years’ service).
- Group personal pension 4% employer/employee contributions after successful completion of probationary period.
- Employee’s Assistance Programme.
- No parking fees (park on road).
- Non-contractual 20% client introduction bonus.
- Non-contractual £500 annual profit target related bonus.
How to apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Matt Byrne Fraser on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Matt Byrne Fraser on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.