Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a Top 30 Accountancy Practice who are looking to recruit an Audit and Assurance Manager based in the North West!
Do you want to work for an Award Winning employer?
Are you an Audit Senior based in the North seeking that next step up to Manager level?
Are you currently Audit Manager wanting to take a plunge into a brand new role for 2022, perhaps working for a Top 30 Practice?
You will be joining a Practice who are well known, successful and possess a long standing portfolio of clients. This role can either be remote working or based within their Yorkshire offices.
As Audit and Assurance Manager you’ll play a vital role in:
- Ensure that the planning, prioritising and allocation of all relevant client work is effective to ensure accurate team workflow
- Being responsible for Audit & Assurance senior(s), assistant(s) and trainee(s)
- Monitor individual and team performance versus original objectives and departmental KPIs
- Ensure that full implementation of all clients work is in line with the agreed budgets
- Support the Audit & Assurance team in delivering the required departmental incremental fee target via networking, meeting attendance, business pitches and input into marketing strategy;
- Monitor work progress which includes ensuring that appropriate levels of communication with all clients and internal stakeholders is in progress for each piece of client work, including highlighting key issues and areas for concern on client accounts
- Scope and budget for each piece of client work whilst ensuring adequate briefing to fellow team members where relevant
- Liaising with clients to ensure a full agreement for work to be undertaken and discuss likely fees prior to commencement to maximise fee recovery
- Liaising with clients including phone calls and written correspondence within required deadlines
- Proactively contact clients when items of interest or benefit to the client arise therefore adding business value
- Provide appropriate access to clients and support to other internal departments including cross selling
- Ensure the defining and the agreement of formal objectives for all direct reports
- Provide regular feedback to all team members on their performance which will including informal ‘1:1’ meetingson audit assignment
- Providing positive yet constructive post audit feedback to team members
- Conduct regular assessments of each team member’s competence, motivation and required support and resource
- Conduct formal appraisals for each direct team member every six months
- Assist with new students and trainees with ‘on the job’ training
- Provide tactical input into departmental business plans as and when required
- Demonstrate knowledge of key business principles such as revenue, profit & % margin, etc
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Be a qualified accountant under ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS, CAI
- Will have excellent knowledge, and working experience, of the International Standards on Auditing (UK and Ireland) variant
- will have strong experience in preparing and auditing statutory financial statements in line with UK Generally Accepted Accounting Practice
- Will have a sound knowledge and understanding of all relevant UK taxes such as Corporation Tax, VAT, PAYE etc. in order to ensure amounts are accurately presented in the financial statements of a company
- will be familiar in using audit software and accounts preparation software to ensure files are prepared in line with the relevant standards.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
What's on offer:
- 3.1% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service and option an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
- Flexible & Smart Working – giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location etc
- Life Cover of 4x your salary
- Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
- Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
- Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) of up to £2,500
- Detailed and thorough on-the-job training
- Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career
How to apply:
- Hit the apply button NOW and follow the steps
- OR Email your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Spencer Clarke Group:
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Lauren Bailey on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.