An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Audit and Accounts Senior to join an accountancy firm in Birmingham on a permanent basis.
As Audit and Accounts Senior, you’ll play a vital role in providing great service in line with the brand values.
If you have the qualification and skills which we’re looking for, this exciting role could be the next step in your career and we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Birmingham, you will be responsible for:
- Planning the production of accounts ensuring junior staff are utilised efficiently
- Overseeing the completion of audit and accounts jobs ensuring junior staff are assisted and supported where the need arises
- Reviewing completed jobs as requested by the manager and reviewing the work completed by team members
- Liaising with directors on completed jobs as requested by the manager
- Maintaining effective communication with all interest parties on each job
- Continually monitoring the progress of work by junior staff and adapting the original plan as required
- Taking responsibility for answering questions and queries on behalf of the managers when they are unavailable
- Attending marketing/networking events and business developments activities as requested by the directors
- Ensuring all junior staff in the team receive the required level on-the-job-training for them to carry out the tasks being asked of them
The ideal candidate for this position must:
- Be ACCA/ACA qualified or QBE
- Be self-motivated, efficient and hard working
- Pay attention to detail
- Be able to keep up to date with audit and accounting legislation and attend courses
- Have a knowledge of accounting and audit rules
- Be able to deal with deadlines
- Be able to take responsibility
- Be articulate
Experience which is not essential but desirable includes:
- Experience with using IRIS
About the company
Our clients pride themselves on delivering a service in line with their brand values and take great satisfaction in seeing their team embrace these to build the successful firm they are today. Key values include honesty and integrity, building relationships, being passionate, simplifying the complex, being an ambassador for the firm, providing a personal service, always being approachable and embracing change.
What’s on offer
- Salary: £32,000-35,000 DOE
- Benefits: Pension scheme, 28 days annual and statutory leave per year, The option purchase and extra 10 days annual leave per year, death in service scheme, flexi-time
- Contract type: Permanent
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Shannon Broadbent on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Shannon Broadbent on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.