Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a Private Transport Planning Consultancy based in central London to appoint a talented Associate Director on a permanent basis.
As an Associate Director, you’ll play a vital role in carrying out management of concept studies and strategies with hands-on design, leading to planning applications, detailed design submissions for approval and construction drawing issue. You will be supported by a team of experienced technical staff at various grades and will be expected to manage project resources and delegate tasks accordingly, with input to mentoring junior staff. You will be responsible for ensuring your projects are delivered to budget, programme and technical standards and meet QA, CDM and SHEQ requirements.
About the role:
Based in the central London area you will be tasked with:
- The Infrastructure team specialises in providing high-level advice to clients on planning, design and construction issues relating to highways, transportation and civil engineering infrastructure. We are working on a wide variety of sectors including residential, retail, leisure, commercial, educational and industrial, and provide advice and design services to our clients across the whole project life-cycle.
- You will be an experienced infrastructure engineer with extensive knowledge and experience of providing technical input to the planning process, leading and coordinating detailed design and also implementation of projects during the construction phase. You will be well versed in the preparation of design packages for highway works, utilities diversions and coordination, traffic signal design, earthworks, highway drainage and SUDS, together with the associated negotiations for technical approvals with planning, highways and statutory authorities.
- The position will also involve client and design team liaison, business development, preparation of fee proposals and financial control of projects.
- Ideally, a Civil Engineering degree with at least 8-10 years post graduate (or equivalent) experience and either has been awarded or nearing Chartered status (CEng, MICE, MCIHT), with appropriate commercial experience and responsibility.
- Experience in liaison with clients, co-professionals and design teams, and be competent in liaising with highway and local authorities to negotiate the necessary outline and detailed technical approvals.
- Track record of competent project management and strong leadership in the delivery of small and large infrastructure design projects
- Knowledge of the financial and contractual aspects of planning, bidding, and delivering both large and small projects.
- Good knowledge of the legal processes, planning, design, design software, technical consents process, adoption and contract procedures for the provision of infrastructure for new developments and regeneration projects and how to effectively deliver these to achieve a client brief
- Proficient in the design of highways with experience in applying DMRB, Manual for Streets and Local Authority standards and design guidance
- Preparation of drawings for S106/S278/S38 highway and adoption agreements
- Good knowledge of horizontal and vertical alignment design including earthworks assessment using Civils 3D or similar software
- Good written and spoken communication skills and be able to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Able to work in the UK
What’s on offer:
- Permanent role
- Competitive salary on offer
- Monday to Friday working hours
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chris Wilkinson on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive;
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.