If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further.
Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a Local Authority in South Yorkshire to appoint an Assistant Quantity Surveyor on a 7-month contract.
As a successful Assistant QS, your duties will be:
- Prepare feasibility studies, preliminary estimates, cost plans, databases, tender and other analysis and advise on the economics of design at the early stages of a project all using computer techniques and modern standards.
- Prepare high quality tender documentation to deadlines including production of pre-tender estimates.
- Undertake preliminary analysis of tenders, prepare cost breakdowns and initial cost profile under supervision and negotiate contract sums.
- Control all post contract procedures, make valuations for payments, producing financial reports and monitoring actual and anticipated expenditure against profile
- Assist Contract Administrators in the preparation of AI's
- Prepare final account and agree with contractor, including carrying out initial assessment of claims and deal with audit procedures.
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- HNC/HND or equivalent in a related discipline and/or can demonstrate significant relevant experience
- Working or prepared to work towards Membership of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Holds a current site card or is prepared to immediately attain
- Experience in a similar or related role
- Familiar with relevant construction, health and safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos
- Experience of using BCIS Online, and NBS Building - Desirable
What’s on offer
- Salary: £15 - £17 Per Hour
- Contract type: 7 Months
- Hours: Mon-Fri 37 hrs
- Location: WFH, with site visits required in Barnsley
How to apply
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Joe O’Halloran on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to email@example.com
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
• Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
• Market leading referrals of up to £500
• Post Placement Aftercare
• Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers