Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside a Local Authority in The West Midlands to assist with the appointment of an Interim Assistant Director – Asset Management & Improvement on a 5-month contract.
We are looking to speak to experienced Senior Asset Management Professionals, with significant and proven management experience and a track record of leading and managing a range of asset management functions, who have worked for a Local Authority previously.
Pay Scale – INSIDE IR35 – £600 per day (the day rate is negotiable, so please still get in touch if you work to a higher rate)
Location – Hybrid working, visits to the office will be required
Contract Length – 5 months, possibility of extension
- To lead and manage the Capital Investment and Repairs and Maintenance services to deliver high quality and cost effective services that meets customer’s expectations, provide value for money and drive continuous improvement.
- To lead the development of policies, strategies and plans for investment in the council housing stock and ensure compliance with existing and emerging legislation.
- To lead on ensuring compliance with the Regulator’s requirements, working with the Director and Housing Management to ensure preparedness for new requirements and inspection regimes.
- To develop and maintain accurate stock conditions data and understanding of property liabilities and ensure appropriate intervention is taken to address risks to tenants and the council.
- To take lead responsibility for the development and implementation of investment in the stock to ensure the council’s objectives are met, including safety and net zero carbon requirements
Qualifications / Experience Needed
- Professional qualification in a related discipline i.e. Housing or Construction (or equivalent in terms of experience).
- Management/leadership qualification or equivalent experience gained through management role(s).
- Significant and proven management experience to include - project management, people management, budget management, performance management and risk management.
- Track record of leading and managing a range of asset management functions.
- Track record of delivering legally compliant services within a regulatory framework.
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more, please apply now, then contact Joe at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200.