If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Newham Council to appoint a talented Assistant Chief Executive – Chief Digital Officer on a Contract basis.
As an Assistant Chief Executive – Chief Digital Officer you’ll play a vital role in providing strategic leadership and accountability for digital transformation, deliver high-quality services to residents and lead on key initiatives such as Newham Sparks (the Council’s ambitious data agenda).
The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, driven and determined to make a difference!
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Newham you will be tasked with delivering key strategic objectives including:
- To work directly to the Chief Executive, providing responsibility and accountability for all aspects of digital, data and technology services within the council.
- To direct and keep under review service strategy and development plans in order to ensure that the Council fulfils its duties and delivers the agreed aims and outcomes for the service areas within your portfolio.
- To lead and provide the strategic vision, in conjunction with the local community and other partners to ensure that the Council is at the forefront of developing responsive and improving services.
- To lead and direct the services within your portfolio in order to ensure that they deliver effective and efficient services, that they set and achieve high standards of performance, that they provide best value and that the overall budgets are properly managed and controlled.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of work experience at a senior level in digital, data and/or technology.
- Experience of delivering significant change, transformation and improvement to digital, data and technology services within complex organisations, across multiple user types.
- Significant experience of providing senior leadership of technical and operational delivery functions relating to digital, data and technology
- In-depth technical knowledge and expertise relating to digital, data and technology. Including approaches to technology stacks, information architecture and experience of leading technical teams.
- Significant experience of developing and executing digital, data and technology strategies.
- Knowledge of innovation and emerging technology, including harnessing data to achieve social change.
About the company
You'll be working for Newham Council a high profile local government body focussed on only the best outcomes for its residents and stakeholders.
What’s on offer
- Salary: £950 per day Inside IR35
Please submit your CV with the rate you require
- Overtime: no options available
- Contract type: 3-6 month minimum, likely to extend
- Hours: 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
How to apply
- Please send your CV
- Once your CV is received, if you are successful you will be contacted.
- Due to the extremely high number of applications, it may not be possible to contact every applicant. As such, if you are not contacted please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to John Shorrock on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.