Your key responsibilities will be:
To be a Senior Technician responsible for the delivery of the design of building projects in the Disabled Facilities Grant Design Team.
To work as part of an in-house multidisciplinary team under the supervision of the Group Manager to produce feasibility studies, outline proposals and detailed technical drawing packages using AutoCAD and other software packages.
To initiate and develop design solutions for a broad range of design and construction work including extensions and adaptations to private domestic properties for disabled people.
Operating in the design team to prepare computer generated drawing packages.
Undertake production of technical details using knowledge of building materials and construction techniques.
Undertake site surveys and measured drawings.
Production of draft and detailed construction specifications.
Preparation of documents for the submission of Planning and Building Control.
Preparation of presentation material and reports.
To adhere to and promote the use of CAD systems with particular emphasis on notation and formatting, information transfer and electronic file management policy and procedures as set up with the department.
Taking direction from the Group Manager to:
- Coordinate and communicate with other design members both internally and externally.
- To negotiate and liaise with other stakeholders e.g. customers, funding bodies, contractors, legislative bodies etc.
- To assist in solving complex design issues through the use of sustainable and quality design solutions.
- Enforce appropriate Health and Safety procedures and precautions, particularly the CDM regulations.
- Experience of the construction delivery process from feasibility to completion.
- Experience of using CAD software within a building construction environment, in particular AutoCAD LT 2012
- Ability to organise and manipulate electronic drawing files.
- Ability to produce sketch plans and working drawings using own initiative and knowledge of construction techniques.
- Knowledge of current planning and building regulations awareness
If you wish to apply for this role then please respond with your recent CV.