Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Hillingdon Borough Council to provide them with an Anatomical Pathology Technician on a 3-6 month initial contract which is likely to be extended.
This role is 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday and offers a pay rate of £23 per hour. May be negotiable.
As a successful Anatomical Pathology Technician, your duties will be:
- Undertake the role of an Anatomical Pathology Technician (APT) for the purpose of receiving, storing, undertaking a post-mortem examination on and releasing the deceased in line with policy and best practice, and in support of the HM Coroner, Pathologists and Police Forensic Investigators.
- On the request of the pathologist and HM Coroner retained, document, pack, send and store relevant material and other exhibits inline with best practice and local procedures.
- Assisting the pathologist by performing external examinations, recording data and notes
- Assist with the preparation of bodies for post-mortem, viewings, formal identifications, removal by funeral director in line with best practice and operating procedures.
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) Certificate of Anatomical Pathology Technology OR The RSPH Level 3 Diploma in Anatomical Pathology Technology.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Human Tissue Act, Authority (including Codes of Practice and Standards) and Licence
- Demonstrable knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements in particular in relation to a mortuary.
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Cameron Nicholls @ Spencer Clarke Group. email@example.com / 01772 954 200