~ Adult Community Assessor ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Sefton Council to appoint several Community Assessor to their Adult Safeguarding Service.
6 - 9 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Full Time – 36 hours per week. (9 - 5:30)
Location – St. Peters House, Bootle, L20 3ZA.
Rate of Pay - £13.85+ per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
About the Role;
Contribute to the delivery of an effective Vulnerable People Service as a member of a team responsible for safeguarding, promoting the welfare of and continuously improving outcomes for individuals.
Be responsible for providing practical and social support for vulnerable people and their families, including contributing to assessment and review of care packages, recognising serious risk and promoting informed choices.
- Meet the physical, social and emotional need of service users as agreed in the care plan, to promote independence and enhance their living skills.
- Assist service users with tasks as agreed in support plans.
- Work with individuals to improve and maintain daily living skills, using appropriate equipment whenever required.
- Liaise and work alongside other professionals to minimise risk and enable individuals to remain in their own homes.
- Encourage individuals to maximise their potential in skills required for interdependent/assisted living in the community, including kitchen skills, household maintenance, washing of clothes, and encouragement of their own health care within a safe and supportive environment.
- Work in partnership or as part of an integrated team of allied health and social care professionals.
- Carry out the administering of medication as and when required (staff working in community).
- Work alongside service users in the implementation of individual person-centred support plans.
- Participate in assessment and reviews as required.
- Promote good care practice including a commitment to the empowerment of the individual, the maintenance of their dignity and independence, and respect for their cultural, spiritual and religious needs.
- Hold keys to service users homes if needed as part of the support plan and to ensure that the appropriate security measures are observed.
- Contribute to the maintenance of appropriate records and report to the Line Manager any significant changes in the service user or their circumstances.
- Attend supervision sessions with Line Manager.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport or Working Visa)
- Reference Contact Details covering the last five years of employment. (Names, numbers and email addresses)
- Enhanced DBS. (Adults)
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.