Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority in Hillingdon to appoint a talented Adaptation Surveyor on a contract basis.
As an Adaptation Surveyor, you’ll play a vital role pro-actively managing caseload’s from end-to-end to deliver a programme of works to residents’ homes.
About the role:
Based in Hillingdon you will be tasked with:
- Reviewing and constructively challenging independently assessments and recommendations where required,
- Specifying works, scrutinising the schedule of rates and agreed prices,
- Undertaking inspections ensuring that plans and specifications are being followed correctly by contractors and the work is carried out in compliance with the council's requirements, in particular with regard to health and safety.
- Certification of all disabilities facilities grants and home adaptations completed
- Confirm payments of invoices for their portfolio of contractors and programme of works.
- Significant experience of managing construction or building and community projects at a senior level in a housing based service within a large complex organisation. This includes preparing accurate specifications and undertaking inspections of works
- Significant experience in leading and working collaboratively with contractors and trades to deliver a service to budget, on time and within the quality expected by the resident and the organisation. Experience of successfully challenging contractors where required to achieve the required standards
- Significant experience of identifying, engaging with and contract managing a diverse range of contractors and stakeholders, addressing issues through negotiation to reach a successful resolution
- Significant experience of leading the development and delivery of effective service improvement plans and business plans, and managing risk, including negotiating contractor improvement plans
- Proven experience of leading complex procurement activities working with a range of stakeholders
- Proven track record of preparing effective written reports and presentations to senior managers and staff groups and residents, as required
- Excellent and proven project management and problem solving skills including the ability to manage a variety of projects and carry them through to a successful outcome within budget. Skills to successfully lead high profile project work, to deliver corporate priorities
- Excellent and proven knowledge and understanding of regulatory, statutory and legislative requirements in relation to property maintenance and construction. Ability to prepare specifications, schedules of rates, design drawings, planning and building regulation applications
- Construction/Surveying/ property related Degree, Higher Education Qualification or equivalent experience
- Able to fully access buildings/building sites/ rough ground in order to carry out aspects of the role
- Ability to work flexibly and attend Council and Public meetings outside usual working hours as required
- Hold a valid UK Driver’s Licence
What’s on offer
- Salary: £28 to £30 per hour (negotiable based on experience)
- Contract type: on going
- Hours: 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chris Wilkinson on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive,
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.