Spencer Clarke Group are now working with a long-established Accountancy firm, who provide a wide range of accountancy and administration services to contractors, freelancers and small business owners across the UK, within the area of Lancaster.
Due to continuous growth and the want to expand, our client is recruiting for Accountants, both part and fully qualified!
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual. The role will involve managing a team of accountants that are responsible for the delivery of services to a portfolio of clients.
Tasks will include planning workload (self-assessment tax returns, year-end company accounts and corporation tax returns), liaising with clients and answering technical queries, reviewing work, answering technical questions and providing an all-round service going above and beyond for clients.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Client meetings (virtual & face to face).
- Management of accountants and their performance.
- Provide complex tax advice.
- Preparation of annual accounts.
- Completion of self-assessment tax returns.
- Dealing with complaints and complex issues from clients.
- Preparation and dealing with HMRC audits or investigations.
- Monitoring and analysis of data in relation to KPI’s.
- Attending management meetings.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- To be part or fully qualified ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Experience of cloud accounting software including FreeAgent, QuickBooks & Xero.
- To have a proven background in accounting and managing a portfolio of clients.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- IT Skills with competent use of word and excel.
- Excellent varied accounting and taxation knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of income tax, corporation tax, VAT and PAYE.
- Ability to solve problems and provide a professional, punctual, and accurate service to clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to coordinate, supervise and report performance to seniors.
- Excellent timekeeping and management ability with the ability to prioritise workload to ensure all task are carried out daily and all deadlines are met.
- Previous experience of managing a team is essential.
- To have a client-focused attitude and commercial awareness within the firm.
How to apply for this role:
- Hit the apply button NOW and follow the steps
About Spencer Clarke Group:
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Cat Rainford remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.