Spencer Clarke Group are currently working alongside a Local Authority based in Worcestershire to recruit an Accountancy Assistant to join their Debt Care team on a contract basis.
**Contract Role- 3 months++ with the view to extend**
Working within the Debt Team, you will be responsible for contacting customers, discussing outstanding balances and expediting payments.
Main purpose of job:
To support the Accountancy Officer and Principle Accountant in providing a full and quality financial management service to Budget Holders, Service Managers, Heads of Service and all Council officers. This will include:-
- To drive, develop, and provide effective and proactive financial challenge to the operational services within their remit
- Providing administrative support and dealing with correspondence to the Directorate for applications to the Court of Protection
- Corresponding with service user's family and solicitors to ensure repayment of Deferred Payment Agreements
- To work as part of a Financial Services team assisting to ensure the team is responsive, flexible, efficient and customer focused
- Working in conjunction with the Accountancy Officer and Principal Accountant in providing a full and quality financial management service to a Head of Service by: -
- Undertaking routine general ledger maintenance and analysis work
- Participating in the preparation of debt monitoring reports
- Participate in the preparation of specific reports for Court of Protection and DPA debt.
- Providing financial advice and support to Budget Holders and their staff on all aspects of financial management and ensure financial governance is adhered to
- To ensure that Authority and Directorate financial procedures operate effectively and are in accordance with the scheme of delegation, standing orders and financial regulations
and much much more!
Accounts/Finance experience is essential for this position.
If you are interested in this position please apply ASAP! or send your CV direct to Lauren @ Spencer Clarke Group firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers