Title: 1:1 Teacher
Salary: £20-£30 per hour
1:1 SEND Teacher/Tutor
Teaching KS3 English, Math’s & Science
15 Hours per week – Based at Therapy Centre
Your role as an SEN Teacher will involve:
- Teaching 1:1 with a KS3 student
- English, Maths & Science
- Manage strong behavior
- Prepare lessons and resources
- Mark and assess work
- Develop and adapt conventional teaching methods to meet the individual needs of pupils
- Use special equipment and facilities, such as audio-visual materials and computers to stimulate interest in learning
- Assess children who have long or short-term learning difficulties and work with colleagues to identify individual pupils' special needs
- Work with the head teacher and governing body to ensure that the requirements of the Equality Act (2010) are met in terms of reasonable adjustments and access arrangements
- Liaise with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists
- Work closely with parents and guardians
- Organise learning outside the classroom in activities such as community visits, school outings or sporting events
- Assist in severely disabled pupils' personal care/medical needs
- Carry out administrative tasks, including updating and maintaining records of pupils' progress
- Attend statutory annual reviews or other related meetings, such as Looked After Child (LAC) reviews, regarding students with an SEN, which may involve reviewing education, health and care (EHC) plans
- Attend in-service training
- Manage behavior.
You should have:
- Some experience working with SEN children or having completed further education around Psychology or mental health
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the Online Update Service (or be prepared to obtain one for a fee).
If you want to get your foot in the door, or continue an amazing career in special education, please make yourself known and apply for this position today! Alternatively, please send an email through to Jamie Heath to start the conversation. Successful applicants will be contacted within 3 working days.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SPENCER CLARKE GROUP
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Spencer Clarke Group work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary, Special Education needs and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.